Friday, July 06, 2007

Painting In The Trees


I stumbled across this woman painting at a local park the other day. She was so completely caught up in the activity of painting that I'm not even sure she knew anyone else was there.

For me it's always difficult to try and take candid intimate shots of people without the act of taking the photo destroying the moment. Think about it, typically people are going to look at the guy pointing a huge camera towards them and snap out of what they're doing. Not in this case though, which is why I think the photo works. That and I've always admired and respected the ability some people have to create a painting or drawing from nothing. It's something I've always wanted to be able to do, but I realized long ago I just don't have the knack for it that some people have. All of which probably explains why I end up taking pictures trying to capture scenes in my head in a photo since in my mind that's significantly easier to accomplish.


And I'll admit that I was insanely curious as to how her painting was turning out, so I snapped a picture of that also. I included it because I figure I can't be the only person that would have gone nuts wondering what she was painting and what it looked like. Although I really should have tried to get a shot from the perspective that she was painting from versus slightly off that angle so we could all see how it compared. Anyway, from what I can see, she's pretty good (better than my poor attempts at painting would be).

2 Comments:

Blogger Buddy Tignor said...

I really like the second shot a lot!

Sunday, July 08, 2007 9:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lilli P says...

I think that the lady would have really loved to have the photo that you took of her...she does look so completely relaxed!

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home