Saturday, June 23, 2007

Perspective...

I will admit to a real internal conflict about photos like this one. I am very sensitive to the exploitation of the poor or the homeless as easy targets to show how "real" a photographer is. I see shots like this (well...better than this) in photo shows, and it doesn't sit well with me. On the other hand, I do feel that a shot like this is a valid observation of the world, and certainly a vivid reminder that there are people in need. I think if we were making money from this blog, I would feel strongly against posting.

I guess, ultimately, its up to the viewer to decide if this is a positive journalistic image, or pop-art that panders.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nestor Family said...

This photo is fine in this venue, I believe.

I think it is a fine reminder to those who ignore this on a regular basis. Yes, one might not beable to solve the problem in one day... but let's not forget it exists. (?)

Sunday, June 24, 2007 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger gaz said...

i wonder what his story is.
who was he? who is he? how did he come to be here?

Monday, June 25, 2007 7:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lilli P here...
this person is a stranger, this time he/she does fit in .

Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home