Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rock n' Roll, Music City!


I spent the weekend in Nashville, Tennessee— city of neon lights, delicious southern food, and fantastic musicians. I had to snap a photo of these mounted police hanging out of an alley on Broadway Street, which is where the heart of the nightlife seems to be.


I also wandered through the old Union Station, which has been turned into a beautiful hotel but still has train tracks crisscrossing across the back lot area. The people at the bottom of this photo are completely dwarfed by the grandiosity of the architecture behind them.


When you're hungry and you're not in the mood for fried chicken, barbeque, grits, okra and sweet tea, why not stop at a tiny little hot dog stand, I Dream of Weenie? We had to go there for the name alone, but the hot dog was pretty great too.

2 Comments:

Blogger pilgrimchick said...

I have never been there, so I can't comment from my own experience. I love the shot of the mounted police.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 11:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, February 16, 2009 6:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home