Friday, December 07, 2007

Flowers in the City

I spent a month in Argentina this summer, and one thing I will never forget is the way you could not walk a block without seeing fresh-cut flowers for sale. Roses still remind me of Buenos Aires, especially when there are all different colors mixed together.


Every day as I walked to class, I passed by this man setting up his wares.


I never bought a bouquet from him, which is something I regret. I could find it if I ever visited the city again. Maybe someday I will buy flowers from him and he will cease to be a Stranger.

1 Comments:

Blogger BullBunky said...

It looks like such a fun job...and one that can't be outsourced or automated. (You know, I have bought flowers from a grumpy man on California Street for years, and I still consider him a Stranger...how sad...you've inspired me to at least learn his name :)

Saturday, December 08, 2007 11:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home