Sunday, November 19, 2006

War Stories


I have no idea whether these two guys knew each other before today or not. But I did catch parts of their conversation as they were both trading war stories. I specifically heard them talking about the Korean war at one point. I'm guessing if you go through something like that (any type of war really) that you can probably instantly relate to another person that's been through that same type of experience. This is one of those things those of us that haven't gone through just will never grasp. Makes me realize that I'll never fully understand the sacrifice people that join the military service make on our behalf. Even if you don't support the reasoning behind a conflict, it's hard not to have a ton of respect for the guys that have actually been on the front lines and done their job.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left a mysterious pic on my photoblog at www.everyblink.blogspot.com.

Check it out, leave your thoughts of what you think it is, and I'll let you know in a day or two ;-)

Sunday, November 19, 2006 3:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The conversation looks deep and meaningful(sentimental), I have never been in the military but I know men and woman who have made a life time career out of it and I appreciate all efforts made, I am sure one day in their old age they will be exchanging stories too:)

Sunday, November 19, 2006 3:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like that photo, good job:)

Sunday, November 19, 2006 4:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have posted the answer to the mystery pic at www.everyblink.blogspot.com!!! You'll be surprised to see what it is ;-)

Sunday, November 19, 2006 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger Nestor Family said...

Very cool picture... thanks for sharing. And the story line that went with it... a nice tribute. We do owe a lot of respect.

Sunday, November 19, 2006 3:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home