Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Don't Know [Strangers' Theme]

Any Parrotheads out there?

For my 21st birthday this year, I asked my dad to take me to a Jimmy Buffett concert. Seemed fitting, as half the fun of the concert is the tailgating beforehand. Gates to the parking lot opened at 9 a.m. and the concert was at 8 p.m., so you can imagine how strange some of the Strangers were by night's end. Endless entertainment.

Buffett played at Toyota Park outside Chicago, and we made a weekend out of it in the city. We stopped at Hamburger Mary's for lunch one day, which attracts a diverse clientele [many of whom seemed to prefer outdoor seating despite the heat]...



...and then headed to the concert on saturday, which attracted Parrotheads from all over the Midwest.




Like me, that man in the corner of the shot seemed awed to be experiencing a Jimmy Buffett concert for the first time. You really do have to see it to believe it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Jimmy Buffett amazes me... I don't care for his music, but I have to admire someone who has made hundreds of millions of dollars on four stinking songs! Genius!

Monday, July 28, 2008 8:14:00 AM  
Blogger Kate Spinillo said...

hey. HEY. There are at LEAST five songs upon which he's built his empire. That and Corona. haha

Monday, July 28, 2008 12:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home